ICT50615 Diploma of Website Development
The ICT50615 Diploma of Website Development is the flagship course of Australian Programming College. The course is delivered over 50 weeks in two (2) 22-week semesters, with a 2-week mid-semester break during the semesters and a 2-week break between the two semesters, totally 50 weeks. Our diploma course requires full-time classroom attendance two days a week, coupled with homework and assignment tasks for consolidating and assessing the knowledge and skills absorbed within each training session.
Australian Programming College has a mission to “train individuals with the ability to innovate in the Information Technology industry; students that will not get turned down a job due to lack of experience in the sector.” We have incorporated this mission through the rigour in our ICT50615 training program, through the constant consolidation of practice-oriented, industrially relevant skills and knowledge, woven into a training style that reflects a typical bachelor-level course.
The ICT50615 Diploma of Website Development features four main components, similar to those commonly found in a university course:
In our pursuit of our mission, Australian Programming College required a training delivery method that provides students with the abundance of learning materials in a way that closely couples with the student’s progress, whilst also allowing for dynamic interaction between the student and the trainer. Deciding to emulate the university approach to training and assessment, Australian Programming College has incorporated lectures as a crucial element within the course. The strong level of direct interaction between students and the trainer (lecturer) in lectures allows for the ready absorption of developed knowledge skills, to then be applied within tutorials, assignments and examinations.
Tutorials are also a major element within the delivery of the ICT50615 Diploma of Website Development, and represent the initial application of the skills and knowledge learnt in the lectures. Whilst still an element of the course’s learning, the placement of the tutorials directly after each lecture allows for the skills and knowledge developed in the lectures to be immediately applied in a practice-oriented environment.
Assignments & Examinations
As with all Vocational Education and Training courses, there is both a training and an assessment component. Assignments and examinations collectively make up the assessment component of our ICT50615 Diploma of Website Development.
All assessment items in APC’s ICT50615 course are summative in nature, meaning that they assess knowledge and skills that have been gained through training conducted earlier in the course. Assignments for each semester are given in week 17 of semester 1 and week 12 of semester 2. Examinations for each semester are conducted in week 22 of semester 1, and week 17 of semester 2. Very little to no examination information is released prior to this time.
Australian Programming College’s ICT50615 Diploma of Website Development comprises of the following 20 units of competency:
- ICTWEB505 Develop complex web page layouts
- ICTWEB506 Develop complex cascading style sheets
- ICTPRG418 Apply intermediate programming skills in another language
- ICTWEB502 Create dynamic web pages
- ICTPRG406 Apply introductory object-oriented language skills
- ICTPRG425 Use structured query language
- ICTDBS412 Build a database
- ICTDBS502 Design a database
- ICTDBS504 Integrate database with a website
- ICTWEB503 Create web-based programs
- ICTWEB501 Build a dynamic website
- ICTICT515 Verify client business requirements
- ICTPRG415 Apply skills in object-oriented design
- ICTPRG504 Deploy an application to a production environment
- ICTPRG505 Build advanced user interface
- ICTPRG413 Use a library or pre-existing components
- ICTWEB508 Develop website information architecture
- ICTWEB516 Research and apply emerging web technology trends
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace
- ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment
Australian Programming College has chosen these particular units for this course, so as to support the development, application and continuous consolidation of website development skills. These units of competency have been taken from the nationally endorsed industry training package: the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Training Package. Upon successful completion of the training and assessment, the qualification ICT50615 Diploma of Website Development will be issued. A transcript list of all of the units of competency will also be issued as part of the qualification. The qualification and units of competency are nationally recognised, and provide individuals with a qualification that is recognised across Australia, and the wider Information Technology and web development industry.
The total cost to study the ICT50615 Diploma of Website Development is $6000.00 AUD. The payment is segmented as follows:
- $1500.00 AUD paid prior to the commencement of the course (also referred to as the pre-enrolment fee);
- $1500.00 AUD paid prior to the second half of semester 1 (one-half of course fees paid, totalling a cost of $3000.00 AUD);
- $1500.00 AUD paid prior to semester 2 (three-fourths of course fees paid, totalling a cost of $4500.00 AUD);
- $1500.00 AUD paid prior to the second half of semester 2 (all course fees paid, totalling a cost of $6000.00 AUD);